Bridging the gap between Perception and Reality
I don’t know whether you have noticed it yourself or not that sometimes when head is calm and is not burdened with stream of thoughts, truth about a situation reveals itself. Thoughts are memory and memory is known. Since we are afraid of the unknown, we unconsciously perceive situations in the ways that are in harmony with the way we think. If you have a negative mindset, you will find something negative in a situation that can be perceived as positive by other. The simple reason is- both have different experiences in the past. But mind you, both are not looking at the reality of situation but perceiving in their own ways.
But it doesn’t matter how you look.
Perceptions can be divorced from the reality. And I don’t see any other way to find out the reality than to ask the right questions to yourself. Instead of justifying, can we not ask questions? And if we do that, what are the implications and how it would impact the quality of our lives? You can ask questions like:
- Do I really know or I am just assuming?
- Is there a way to find the reality? If not, can I drop my assumptions about it because I DON’T KNOW?
- Can anything be done about the situation to make it better? If not, can I let go?
- Can I really control people? Or it’s just an illusion that I have developed?
- How people behave with me is because of me or is it the way they are from inside?
Such questions can put us in the right perspective and calm the thoughts down. Unless thoughts stop interfering, reality won’t reveal itself. See it for yourself.
Author: Pankaj Kumar
Spread love with AnMa! #FeelGood #ANMA